Teacher - Elementary Education - Grade 5
Brandywine School District
Wilmington, DE 19801
Terms of Employment:
Benefited Regular Full Time
Commensurate with the Brandywine School District's Teacher Salary Schedule
Click "Apply" designated near the Job ID on the main employment web page for complete application instructions.
Job Goal: Under the supervision of the school administrator, teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in various content areas to produce positive measurable results and student understanding. Teachers are responsible for observing and evaluating academic performance of students.
1. Must have a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Education.
2. Must have or be eligible for the Highly Qualified designation as an Elementary Generalist.
3. Must have or be eligible for licensure and certification in Delaware.
4. Experience in various content areas to successfully teach exceptional standards-based instruction in areas to ensure academic growth for all students, including those with special needs.
5. Experience in automated student information systems for progress and grade reporting and class work documentation and ability to integrate technology into instructional delivery.
6. Exceptional classroom management, organization, planning, instructional delivery, leadership, and technical skills and the ability to utilize differentiated instructional methods to engage students in positive learning experiences.
7. Outstanding ability to motivate and build relationships with students and parents to promote student achievement and strengthen community partnerships.
8. Commendable history of effective leadership, extra-curricular participation, an acceptable attendance record and exemplary performance.
1. Develop daily and unit lesson plans and a scope and sequence that are thoughtful, goal-oriented and aligned with curriculum and integrate technology; maintain pace of learning and provide opportunities for student differences; and check for student understanding and convey appropriately high expectations for students.
2. Carefully plan for substitute teachers when unable to attend school and relate lessons to the state content standards in the core content areas as well as in specific content area.
3. Create and maintain a classroom environment to encourage all students to be engaged and work toward meeting the standards; maintain accurate, thorough records of student achievement and behavioral performance; and complete progress and grade reports promptly and as scheduled using automated systems.
4. Promote a high rate of student interest and provide prompt and specific feedback in a constructive manner and opportunities for active participation; demonstrate fairness and consistency in dealing with students; and speak and write clearly, correctly and at an appropriate level for student understanding.
5. Comply with policies, regulations and procedures of school district and building; communicate effectively with parents and work collaboratively with staff.
6. Display high level professional conduct and image at all times; establish and maintain an acceptable attendance record; and participate in extra-curricular activities and/or leadership roles outside the classroom.
7. Continue to grow as a professional educator with classes/workshops for professional development in specific areas of interest and/or need and coaching and feedback from administrators and peers.
8. Perform other duties and/or complete special projects as assigned.