Psychiatric Safety Officer
Correct Care Solutions
Conroe, TX 77301
Our Psychiatric Safety Officer provides security activities within and around the property of the facility.
+ High school graduate or its equivalent required.
+ Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
+ Must be a citizen of the United States notwithstanding any laws of the State to the contrary
+ Must not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, nor have received a dishonorable or undesirable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
+ Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or no contest, or is found guilty of a felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, notwithstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication. Have his/her processed fingerprints on file with the employment agency. Have passed a physical examination by a licensed physician based on specifications established by the Company
+ Have a good moral character as determined by a background investigation under procedures established by the Company
+ Must be able to pass Background Check and Drug Screen
+ Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
1. Maintains security of an assigned post, being alert at all times and taking necessary action to prevent escapes. Monitors patient activities intervening as needed to control disruptive or violent behaviors.
2. Monitors and controls all communication systems, surveillance systems and emergency signal systems, including but not limited to; fire alarm and thermal detection system, closed circuit television system, computer terminals, perimeter-alert system, public address (PA) system and two-way radio system.
3. Observes and monitors patients inside and outside of the facility for hostile or breech of safety behaviors, implementing necessary safety precautions.
4. Responds to emergency calls, entering patient areas to redirect patients, controls fights, prevent escapes as well as assist treatment staff to prevent harm or injury from violent patients utilizing accepted forensic aggression control techniques.
5. Participates in searching patient areas for contraband and other unauthorized items after receiving clinical authorization.
6. Controls and monitors all individuals, staff and patients, as well as visitors entering and leaving the facility conducting searches and checking for proper identification to ensure the utmost security and safety of the facility.
7. Routinely monitors and conducts inspections of the facility for escape risks and/or hazardous conditions. Searches for and returns patients if and when an escape is effected if on the property.
8. Controls and monitors all vehicular traffic at the facility, checking for proper identification and maintaining surveillance of parking areas for compliance with established regulations.
9. Transports patients to scheduled appointments.
10. May assist licensed nursing personnel in providing direct services to assigned population including health data collection; observations of behaviors and activities of daily living; assistance with activities of daily living including prompting, education and support; specific assignments such as face checks, hall monitoring, one to ones, overall supervision of patients, groups and other direct care duties as assigned.
11. Possess basic knowledge about psychotropic meds.
12. Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic communication and role recovery psychiatric rehabilitation skills. Understands the organization's recovery based patient mission, vision and values and how these guide practice.
13. Intervenes in psychiatric emergencies using approved techniques, including The Mandt System and/or the application of restraint or seclusion.
14. Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
15. Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural diversity issues, treats persons with respect and dignity.
16. Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages.
17. Provides individualized care that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
18. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
19. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
20. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
21. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Location _TX, Conroe_
Facility _Montgomery County Mental Health Treatment Facility_